We are often asked about proof for the content of the old and the new testament. Here are 12 things that validate the Old and New Testaments:
- Archeologists who work in the Middle East use the Old and New Testaments when conducting research because they have been found to be accurate time and time again.
- The Old Testament’s accuracy was also verified by the discovery of the 2000-year-old Dead Sea scrolls. And its prophecies about a coming Messiah had to have been written at least 250 years before the time of Christ, since the Hebrew Old Testament was translated into Greek between 250–270 B.C. … because Alexander the Great conquered the Middle East and everyone needed to learn Greek: but not Hebrew.
- In the Book of Genesis we are told that a worldwide flood took place … And in the geological record we find all sorts of fossils – including land animals, birds, and sea creatures – buried in sedimentary strata: and sometimes even in the same layers.
See also Sea Sloths and Out of Order Fossils and Scientific Evidence for a Worldwide Flood.
- Fulfilled prophecies about Jesus – i.e. where He would be born (Micah 5:2), that He would go to Egypt (Hos. 11:1; Matt. 2:13-15) how He would enter Jerusalem (Zech. 9:9; Matt. 21:1-11; John 12:12-19) that he would be betrayed for a certain number of silver coins (Zech. 11:10-13; Matt. 26:15, 27:9-10) that He would die (Ps. 22:9-18; Isa. 53:4-9) but His body not decay (Ps. 9:13; 16:10) since He would “prolong His days” (Isa. 53:10) – tell us that He is who He said: Luke 22:70. See also John 5:22-24; 7:37-39 and Mark 13:31.
- Israel’s rebirth was predicted thousands of years in advance: Jer. 16:13-16; Isaiah 66:8-14: the only time we know of that a nation was dispersed – to over 100 nations – and over 1500 years later became a nation again. See also Gen. 12:1-3; Jer. 23:1-8; 30:3,9; Ezek. 20:42; 34:13-14; 36:24; 37:1-28, Zech. 7:2-3; 8:7-13.
- That God will bless nations who honor Him, seek the truth, and practice justice and curse those that don’t: Deut. 28:1-68; Psalm 9:17; 33:12; Isa. 5:20-23; Jer. 12:14-17; 22:15-17; Ezek. 14:1-20; Hos. 4:1-3; Mal. 4:1-6.
- The Old Testament instructions on circumcision said to do so on the 8th day. Science has now confirmed that our vitamin K level is higher than any other time in our life eight days after birth: and that vitamin K is necessary for blood clotting: meaning the 8th day was likely the safest time to perform a circumcision.
- A prediction that Russians and Muslims would be allies against Israel in the last days: and that God will act to protect Israel via a timely earthquake and Thunderstorm. See Ezekiel 38, 39, and Isaiah 27:2-6; 31:4-5.
- Prediction of worldwide video and audio communications and a space-based laser: Rev. 11:3-12; 13:13-18.
- Prediction that Jerusalem would be a trouble spot for world peace: Zech. 12:1-3.
- Prediction of Worldwide monetary system that requires “mark” to buy and sell: Rev. 13:16-18; 14:9-11.
- Prediction that the Sun and Moon will be darkened before the Day of the Lord: Amos 8:9; Joel 2:10, 30-31; Ezek. 32:7-8; Rev. 6:12-17; 11:15. See also earthage.org/PoliticallyIncorrect/will_the_sun_really_ be_darkened.htm
According to Scripture Jesus will come back (Acts 1:1-11) to judge us all (Matt. 7:21-24; 25:31-46; John 5:22), rule the Earth (Ps. 2:1-12; Zech. 14:1-9; Luke 19:11-27), re-create it and those who know Him (John 14:1; I Cor. 15:51-52; 2 Cor. 5:1-5; Rom. 8:9-11; I John 3:2) and that None who believe in Him will be disappointed in the World that’s coming (Rom. 9:33; Ps. 16:11; 145:15-20; Jer. 31: 22-25; Rev. 21:4-5; 22:1-21) after this one is ruined: Isa. 24; Rev. 6-14.
Proof For The Old and New Testament