How old are Dinosaurs? Are Dinosaur Bones Millions of Years Old? Ten things about the age Dinosaurs that the Mass Media doesn’t want you to know.
In spite of all the assertions that Dinosaurs are millions of years old, it is becoming more and more apparent that this is probably not the case, for the following reasons:
Unfossilized Dino Bones Carbon Date from 16,000 – 24,000 years old.
Unfossilized dinosaur bones have been found in Alaska, 1 Canada, 2 and the Lower 48 States.3 Some have been Carbon dated to 9,800 years old; many others (along with wood from dino strata) date between 16,000 to 24,000 years old. 4, 5 While mainstream scientists claim that dinosaurs are up to 65 million years old, this fact can’t even be backed up by the Carbon-14 dating method they themselves are using. Therefore, it is more likely that dinosaurs are, as the entire world, less than 10,000 years old.
Two Dinosaurs and a flying serpent or “seraph,” are described or mentioned in the Old Testament. The book of Job gives details about two creatures that don’t fit the description of any known animals alive today, but do fit the descriptions of what we know about dinosaurs.
We are told that behemoth had bones like bars of iron, and that “he moves his tail like a cedar tree, and eats grass like an ox.” Job 40: 15-24. Since the only animal we know of that had a tail like a cedar was a Brontosaurus type dinosaur, and since Job was written about 3,000- 4,000 years ago, it appears that the story of evolution is at odds with Historical records. The fact that this creature’s tail is compared to a cedar suggests that it was large. It’s large size is also apparent from verse 19, where it says that this creature is the ‘first of the ways of God’ — thus implying that this was the Biggest animal God created.
Although this rules out both the elephant and the hippo, some commentators try to make the hippo fit by asserting that hippos were the largest animals in the Middle East and that the word‘cedar’ means ‘cedar branch.’
However, there are problems with identifying Behemoth as a hippo. The most obvious is that IF you or I wanted to identify, or boast about the hippo, we would probably say something about the Large size of its mouth, as opposed to comparing its tiny tail to a cedar. Hippos were also not the largest animals in the Middle East, and the cedar that is almost always referred to in the Scriptures is the Cedar of Lebanon, which has VERY LARGE (i.e. 1-2 foot diameter) branches.
See Moortgat’s Ancient Mesopotamian Art (Plate 292) for more on elephants and what appear to be Apatosaurus (or Brontosaurus-type) dinosaurs from the Middle East. Note also the similarity between the head-shape of the creature in Plate 292 from Moortgat’s book referenced above and a similar dinosaur from Acambaro, Mexico’s Julsrud collection.
God boasts about making him: “Can you draw out Leviathan with a fishhook? … Can you put a rope in his nose?… Will he make many supplications to you?… ‘Lay your hand on him; remember the battle; you will not do it again! … No one … dares to arouse him; Who then is he that can stand before Me? Who has given to Me that I should repay him?… I will not keep silence concerning his limbs, or his mighty strength, or his orderly frame. Who can strip off his outer armor? Who can come within his double mail? Who can open the doors of his face? Around his teeth there is terror. His strong scales are his pride, shut up as with a tight seal … They clasp each other … His sneezes flash forth light …
Out of his mouth go burning torches; Sparks of fire leap forth … His breath kindles coals, and a flame goes forth from his mouth… When he raises himself up, the mighty fear… The sword that reaches him cannot avail; nor the spear, the dart, or the javelin. He regards iron as straw, bronze as rotten wood. The arrow cannot make him flee; Slingstones are turned into stubble… He makes the depths to boil like a pot… Behind him he makes a wake to shine… Nothing on earth is like him, One made without fear…” Job 41:1-34See # 7 for information on a beetle that can spontaneously mix chemicals together and use the resulting hot gasses to ward off predators.
The Book of Isaiah mentions a “flying serpent” or “seraph” in context with the lioness, lion, viper, donkey and camel (Isa. 30:6). This creature was perhaps a pterodactyl with a long tail, and is probably now extinct.
Dragons were remarkably similar to Dinosaurs
Anyone who reads about dragons will note that they had a number of similarities to dinosaurs and pterodactyls. For example, both dragons and dinosaurs were quite large, possessed long tails, had skin or scales, and laid eggs. In addition, some walked on land, some swam in water, and some flew in the air.
The Chinese Zodiac
There are twelve different animals in the Chinese Zodiac: one of which is a dragon. Since the other 11 are known to be real, it makes sense that the twelfth was real as well. 6 In this regard, Marco Polo described such creatures in a diary of his travels in China from around the years 1280-1298 AD. English translations are available in bookstores or can be ordered online. See also the Historical Records section (ref. 10) below.
Organic Proteins and Blood-derived compounds
In an article from the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences the authors state that: “Six independent lines of evidence point to the existence of heme-containing compounds and/or hemoglobin breakdown products in… tissues of the large theropod dinosaur Tyrannosaurus rex …” And that: “The most parsimonious explanation … is the presence of blood-derived hemoglobin compounds preserved in the dinosaurian tissues. ”7The word parsimonious here means extremely conservative. That’s because six different methods were used to crosscheck the conclusion. Several years earlier with regard to a similar T-rex bone that was being viewed under a microscope, the lead author of the article above stated that she … “got goose bumps … It was exactly like looking at a slice of modern bone. But … I couldn’t believe it. I said to the lab technician: ‘The bones, after all, are 65 million years old. How could blood cells survive that long? ”8It isn’t that Mary Schweitzer can’t believe it but that it would not be beneficial for her career to publicly state that dinosaurs might not be millions of years old: after all the hype.
Historical Records and Artifacts of Living Dragons
Beowulf was a Danish king that lived in the fifth century AD and who was famous for killing dragons: including one known asGrindel that had been terrorizing the countryside. 9
The Caria Monster
On an ancient Greek vase a mosasaurus type dinosaur is very clearly depicted, alongside of a man. The vase is dated at 500 BC. 10, 11 This can only mean two things: that ancient civilizations were quite proficient at paleontology, or that dinosaurs and man were living together at the same time.
Mesopotamian and European Art
An ancient Mesopotamian seal dated around 3,000 BC clearly depicts Apatosaurus type dinosaurs: 12, 13 as does the stone floor of a 500-year-old burial tomb at the Carlisle Cathedral in England.
A Cambodian Temple Carving
On an 800-1200-year-old Buddhist Temple in Cambodia are rock carvings of all sorts: including what looks like a Stegosaurus. 14, 15, 16
Fire-Breathing Dragons and Smoking Beatles
The idea of dragons expelling fire isn’t far fetched when considering that the Bombardier Beetle defends itself from predators by mixing chemicals in a combustion chamber in its rear-end, and expelling hot gas at 212 degrees F. Perhaps this is why some species of dinosaurs had large crests on their heads with hollow air chambers in them?17
A Forgotten Report
In a letter to the editor, Hugh Miller said the following: “Dr. Charles Gilmore, curator of …the …Museum of Natural History, and Samuel Hubbard of the Oakland, CA Museum confirmed in 1924 that man and dinosaur coexisted together as evidenced by their 40 page report… entitled ‘Discoveries Relating to Prehistoric Man.’ There on the front cover … is a photo of a carving of a Diplodocus dinosaur on the wall of the Hava Supai Canyon… in Northern Arizona … This is just the tip of the iceberg.”18
The Ica Stones
Along the Ica River in Peru, thousands of stones have been found in ancient burial graves that are estimated to be over 2000 years old. In this regard Hugh Miller states:“In Peru over 30% of… 11,000 burial stones… found since the 1930’s in human graves contained carved depictions of dinosaurs such as T-rex, Stegosaurus, and Triceratops… These stones are also mentioned by a Catholic priest… and Inca historian of the 16 th century.”18
The Figurines of Acambaro
In the town of Acambaro, Mexico thousands of figurines were discovered that depict Dinosaurs of all sorts. One was a species that modern science didn’t discover until 25-30 years after its corresponding figurine was found at Acambaro. The Acambaro Dinosaur figurines number around 2600 and have been investigated by a number of reporters and researchers: including Waldemar Julsrud, Lowel Harmer, William R. Russel, Prof. Charles Hapgood, Prof. Ramon Rivera, Dr. Eduardo Noquera, Earl Stanley Gardner, Francisco Aguitar Sanchez, Dr. Dennis Swift and others. Professor Hapgood studied them over an 18-year period and together with another researcher dug a huge hole directly under the cement slab of the local sheriff’s house: in order to verify that the over 30,000 figurines that were dug up were not an elaborate hoax. He also wrote a book on his conclusion: that ancient Americans interacted with various different types of dinosaurs. 19, 20, 21
Believers in evolution have done almost everything possible to promote something that could not happen without the aid of an outside Intelligence. In the process they ignore virtually all evidence that suggests that their beliefs are just that: beliefs that are not supported by the facts. For example, not even the most basic homochiralic (or life based) proteins are observed to for naturally (i.e. apart from pre-existing life (using DNA, RNA, ribosomes, and 106 other proteins) to make it, much less and “simple” (parasitic) bacterium (such as mycoplasma) that has 40,000 homochiralic proteins of 600 different types, DNA, RNA, ribosomes, and a membrane. Such complexity (that men cannot replicate) is why one of the discoverers of DNA, along with a colleague, proposed that life may have came about by “Directed Panspermia,” or that it came from outer space? 22, 23 Thus we are left with two possibilities: God and Jesus or aliens. One offers Eternal Life, the other Entertainment and Death. 24, 25
- Davies, Kyle L., “Duck-Bill Dinosaurs from the North Slope Of Alaska,” Journal of Paleontology, Vol. 61, No. 1, Jan. 1987, pp. 198-200.
- Currie, Phillip J., and Koppelhus, Eva B., 101 Questions About Dinosaurs, p. 11
- Schweitzer, Mary H., et all, “Heme compounds in dinosaur trabecular bone”, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., Vol. 94, pp. 6291-6296, 6/97 See also T-Rex Soft Tissue Discovery and probably Not Millions Years old.
- Unfossilized Dinosaur Bones: http://creationwiki.org/unfossilized_dinosaur_bones.
- Harrub, Brad, Ph.D., and Thompson, Bert, Ph.D., “Walking Amidst the Dinosaurs”, Feb. 2003, www.apologeticspress.org/articles/15, p. 11-12. The 10,000-year date came from a paper by various scientists from the Creation Research Society Education Foundation (CRSEF). Hugh Miller was one of the authors. See ref. 18 below to Mr. Miller’s Letter to the editor.
- “Are the Biblical Dragons actually Dinosaurs”, www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs,dragon.html
- ibid. ref. 3.
- Morrell, Virginia, “Dino DNA: The Hunt and the Hype,” Science, Vol. 261, July 9, 1993, p. 160.
- Beowulf and the Dinosaurs, www.biblebelievers.org.au/nation10.htm
- See www.forbidden-history.com and click on Watch the Movie.
- Carpenter, Thomas H., Art and Myth in Ancient Greece, 1991.
- Ooparts Out of Place Artifacts; Dinosaurs in Literature, Art & History, Page 2: “Man and Dinosaur Co-existence; www.s8int.com/dinolit2.html
- Moortgat, Anton, “The Art of Ancient Mesopotamia”, 1969, plate 292.
- Jacques, Claude, Ancient Angkor, 1999, p. 143-144; and Angkor Cities and Temples, p. 213.
- Gish, Duane, Ph.D., Dinosaurs by Design, pp. 82-83.
- Swift, Dennis, Ph.D., “The Dinosaurs of Acambaro,” www.omniology.com/3-Ceramic-Dinos.html, dinosaursandman.com, and www.bible.ca/tracks/tracks-acambaro.htm
- Hapgood, Charles, “Mystery in Acambaro”, 1973
- Tierney, John, H., “Pseudoscientific Attacks on Acambaro Artifacts: The Ceramic Technology of Intellectual Suppression”, World Explorer magazine, vol. 1 #4, pp. 52-61
- Taylor, Ian, “In the Minds of Men”, pp. 195-196.
- Crick, Francis, “Life Itself: It’s origin and nature”, 1981.
- Both the Old and New Testament Scriptures tell us that God made the heavens and the earth: and put mankind upon it: i.e. Gen. 1-3; Ex. 20:11; Job 14:4; Ps. 33:6, 8-9; Isa. 40:28; 42:5; 43:1, 7; 44:1-2; Jer. 27:5; Acts 17:27-29; Mark. 10:6, John 1:1-3; Col. 1:15-18; Heb. 1:1-2; I Tim. 2:13 and many more.
- The following Scriptures tell us what happens after we die, who God reveals Himself to, who will be forgiven, and how we can know that we are saved from the penalty of our sins: Heb. 9:27; Ps. 25:14; Prov. 8:17; Luke 13:1-5; John 6:37-40; 8:24; Rom. 3:20-23; 10:4 -13; 2 Cor. 6:1-2; 1 John 2:25.