Dating & Dino Bones
Carbon-14 can be used to date organic material that was once alive such as wood, animal hair, skin, or soft tissue, unmineralized bones, and even mineralized bones after the minerals have been removed. Carbon-14 has a half-life of 5,730 years. Some experts say that this method is accurate to about 40,000 years,1 while others acknowledge that up to half of the dates provided by C-14 are “too far off” or impossible.2
Carbon-14 has been used to date unmineralized Dinosaur Bones 3 and other organic matter 4,5,6,7 associated with dinosaurs -- i.e. wood,8 trees,9 and coal -- and in each case dates obtained were from 9,800 -- 48,000 years.
All radiometric methods – including C-14 – require the use of at least three unverifiable assumptions. Two of the assumptions that plague C-14 dating were discussed by Sylvia Baker 10 with regard to why “dates” of more than 6,000 years are often obtained by this method.
"Many … objections cast doubt on the reliability of this method. We shall consider just two of them. 10
1. The theory assumes that carbon-14 is in equilibrium in the atmosphere -- that it is being broken down at the same rate at which it is being produced. However, calculations made to test this assumption suggest that carbon-14 is being produced nearly one third faster than it is disintegrating. If this is true, then none of the fossils that have been dated by this method could be more than a few thousand years old..."
2. It is also true that cosmic rays would have been deflected away from the earth most effectively by the earth's magnetic field if, … (it) was much stronger in the past. With fewer cosmic rays reaching the atmosphere, there would have been less production of carbon-14 then than now.
She then adds that there is thus … “no really reliable method of dating fossils ..." 10
The fact that there are Carbon-14 atoms -- along with collagen, elastin, laminin and other proteins -- still present in dinosaur bones (and wood associated with dino strata) tells us that the bones (and the strata) are probably less than 50,000 years old: meaning that dinosaurs did Not go extinct 65 million years ago, as we have been told (to believe). This also tells us something about our – No Intelligence Allowed – scientific community itself: that gladly accepts mammoth or Neanderthal dates of 35,000 years, 11 but rejects similar dates from dinosaur bones. And why not, since their beliefs require an Old Earth to try to explain how we got here without any help from an Intelligent Being.
Many scientists, students, and others are now acknowledging that Dinosaurs probably didn’t go extinct 65 million years ago, but in the recent past: which explains why they are described in the Old Testament,12 by Historians, and thousands of ancient artifacts and rock carvings,13 and a 1000-year-old Buddhist Temple.14
For a 1-Hour video on Dinosaurs go to www.forbidden-history.com and click on the “Watch the Movie” Link.
1. www.discover.com/issues/sep-92/features/thedatinggame103/, The Dating Game, Discover, 9/92, p. 78;
2. Radiocarbon: Ages in Error, Robert E. Lee, Anthropological Journal of Canada, Vol. 19, #3, 1981, pp. 9-29;
3. Recent C-14 Dating of Fossils including Dinosaur Bone Collagen, at www.sciencevsevolution.org/Holzschuh.htm
See also www.dinosaurc14ages.com/carbondating.htm, and Direct Dating of Cretaceous-Jurassic Fossils.
5. Unfossilized Dinosaur Bones: creationwiki.org/Unfossilized_dinosaur_bones.
6. Radioactive ‘Dating’ In Conflict, www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v20/i1/dating.asp, Andrew Snelling;
Creation Ex Nihilo; Dec-Feb, 1998; pp. 24-27
7. Dating In Conflict, www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v19/i2/dating.asp, Hansruedi Stutz;
Creation Ex Nihilo; Mar-May 1997; pp. 42-43
10. Bone of Contention: Is Evolution True, Sylvia Baker, 1986, p. 27.
12. The Old Testament Book of Job 40:15-24; Job 41
13. The Dinosaurs of Acambaro, www.omniology.com/3-Ceramic-Dinos.html
14. Cambodian Temple Stegosaurus, www.bible.ca/tracks/tracks-cambodia.htm
Copyright, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2005, 2006, 2011, Randy S. Berg; No part of this paper may be reproduced, used, or sold for profit
without the express written consent of the author. Copies may be distributed freely for educational purposes only
Further Reading The Case of the KBS Tuff Radiometric Dating
Carbon-14 in the Atmosphere The Earth's Decaying Magnetic Field
Detailed Papers on Carbon 14:
"MEASURABLE 14C IN FOSSILIZED ORGANIC MATERIALS..."
by Baumgardner, Humphreys, Snelling and Austin.
See also these papers by:
Curt Sewel, Do-While Jones, Michael J. Oard
Accuracy of Carbon 14
A Letter from Hugh Miller
Unfossilized Dinosaur Bones
Carbon Dating Dinosaur Bones
Carbon-14 and the Age of the Earth
Are Dinosaur Bones Millions of years Old?
Billion-fold acceleration of radioactivity observed in Laboratory
Consequences of Time Dependent Nuclear Decay Indices on Half Lives