Dinosaur Facts Quiz
1. Ancient legends of these creatures may not be fairy-tale stories at all,
but rather actual accounts of encounters
with dinosaurs. What were they called? ________________
2. The word dinosaur comes from the Latin words “deino” and “sauros”.
What do these words mean in English? __________ ___________
Circle T for True or F for False
3. T F The word “dinosaur” was coined by an English scientist in 1840.
4. T F Scientists know that dinosaurs died out over 60,000,000 years ago.
T F The mass media is relatively unbiased with regard to dinosaurs and whether
or not they roamed the
earth at the same time as man.
6. T F Carbon dates of unfossilized dinosaur bones yield from 10,000 -- 48,000 years old.
7. T F Scientists have found numerous unfossilized dinosaur bones.
T F Scientists have found organic matter such as collagen, protein fragments and little
round things that look
like red blood cells inside of a dinosaur bone.
9. T F The Bible has nothing to say about creatures which might be dinosaurs.
10. T F The Pig, Rat, Oxen, Tiger, Hare, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Ram, Monkey, Rooster and Dog are used in
the Chinese zodiac / 12-year cycle.
1. What significance does the list above have to do with dinosaurs?
2. If organic matter was found in dinosaur bones, what would this be an indication of? _____________
Back to Quiz Page